Maherajah Water Skis
One of the amazing features of the classic all-wood skis was that unlike the subsequent fiberglass skis of most other manufacturers, our classic skis live almost forever.
For those of you who have one of our classic skis from the Sixties or early Seventies, we offer full restoration and refinishing services to return the ski to equivalent-to-new condition.
Additionally, for those of you who have a restored classic wood boat (a Chris Craft, for example) who want a period-correct ski for show or display purposes, we have several of these restored classics available for sale.
Our Restoration Process:
- The ski is completely disassembled. The finish is stripped right down to bare wood revealing the original beauty of Eastern White Ash and Mahogany wood grains.
- We then apply three coats of beautiful full gloss epoxy to the top surface followed by three hand-rubbed coats of polyurethane varnish to the bottom and edges.
- The fin is refurbished which generally requires straightening and buff polishing to its original mirror luster.
- So too with the binding hardware which is either buff polished or satin finished to original appearance.
- All rubber parts of the bindings are replaced with our new neoprene/natural rubber hybrid to optimize comfort and support.
- The ski is then reassembled with all original hardware.